105.9 Qwik Rock
Free Beer & Hot Wings
Monday - Saturday 5am - 10am
View Free Beer & Hot Wings's Bio
The Free Beer & Hot Wings Show began as an afternoon show in Omaha, NE at non-commercial ration station KIWR in March of 1997. The Show was comprised of two, former Central Michigan University roommates who eventually moved to mornings several months later where they remained until the summer of 2000 when they moved to WBON in Knoxville, TN. It was there that they met the show's eventual 3rd member and other CMU grad, Eric Zane, who was, at the time, their direct competitor at WIMZ. When Zane was fired, he immediately drove across town and joined The Free Beer & Hot Wings Show. In June of 2002, The Show moved to New Jersey, where they were simulcast on WTHK in Trenton and WCHR on The Jersey Shore. The Free Beer & Hot Wings Show began full syndication in 2004 with the addition of WGRD in Grand Rapids, MI and is now heard on radio stations in 15 different states.
View Drew Shannon's Bio
- Dream Car: 1984 DeLorean/Dodge Viper
- Favorite Place to Eat Out: Faccia Luna, Green Bowl
- Favorite Movie: Star Wars, The Dark Knight
- DJ Idol/Hero: My father and Howard Stern
- Favorite Book: Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job"
- Favorite Song: "Janie's Got a Gun" by Aerosmith
- Favorite Quote: "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubble gum." -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper from the movie "They Live"
I started out in radio in 1987 while I was a Junior at Warren Area High School in Warren, PA for radio station WNAE-AM / WRRN-FM. After 11 years of part time work, I left radio for a year, then started working for Magnum Broadcasting's Rock 103 in Russell, PA, which then became Vox Allegany, LLC's 103.1 The Fox, before moving to State College in May of 2005 to work for what was then 105.9 The Buzz. I've stayed for all the incarnations, from The Buzz to Joe FM to the new QWiK Rock! A lot has changed, but my love for rock hasn't!
I am also co-host of The A.O.N. Rundown! All or Nothing Professional Wrestling is where it's at! Amen for A.O.N.!
I came to this town to rock... 3 years of country music made my brain ache.
I'm glad I have the outlet to rock again!
Afternoons: 3pm - 7pm
View Andy Robb's Bio
- Dream Car: The A-Team Van
- Favorite Place to Eat Out:The Dumpster behind Safeway (
- Favorite Movie: Miss Congeniality 2
- DJ Idol/Hero: Hunter S. Thompson
- Favorite Book: Old discarded porn mags that i find in the dumpster behind safeway
- Favorite Song: Ghostbusters!
- Favorite Quote: It's a boy! Should I have it killed?
Bio: My life is best explained by this two part documentary.Part 1: Part 2:
Weeknights: 7pm -12am
View gLenie B's Bio
- Dream Car: Black Converse Chucks
- Favorite Place to Eat Out: The Y
- Favorite Movie: Purple Rain/Star Wars
- DJ Idol/Hero: Eddie Trunk
- Favorite Book: Madonna's Sex Book
- Favorite Song: I Love Rock n Roll - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- Favorite Quote: 'Rock n Roll is My Religion-- My Place of Worship is the Dance Floor...Come Pray With Me.'
Born into poverty as a young child ... I found my way through life by a chain of uneventful events that made me the person I am today,. With my razor blade in hand I swung at the giant lizards till they fell to the pavement and drank the blood from their now defunct carcuss.. they use to torture and rape me as a teenager but I would fight back with my old mighty sword and thats when 'the war of many' began.. It was a struggle for the humans and the unwanted heroes almost death by proxy but with time on our side the Lizards went the way of rainbows and faded into the sky of Lexicon... WAIT A SECOND!!!, IM JUST A DISC JOCKEY! I Started Djing back When I was Just 13 yrs old ('83) Playing @ Under 21 clubs Near Buffalo New York and Moving on to Punk Rock/New Wave Bars And Clubs as I grew Into My Teens and Moving to North Central Pa When I was Around the age of 18 ...I was more experienced as a Club Dj but with lack of Cred to My name In Pa. I teamed up with a dj partner to form 'Electric shock Dj Service' it wasnt what I was used to doing- being a "Moble Dj" but I got used to it.. This lead to djing All Over North Central pa. Time Came and Went.. And In the 90s I went Solo Djing All Over NCPA's Bar/Club Circuit Really making a name for myself in the area by the End of The 90s I started djing A show On a radio station Called "80's Retro Rewind" (Y106.9 wzyy). A few short years later the Station would change formats to a Classic Rock Station (106.9 The Surge fm) and I became The Head Dj Personality and Music Programmer there. While Still Djing @ Clubs and Bars In the Area... Now Its 2010 And I am Back on Radio Here At QWiK ROCK- Rockin The Over Nights!!!!.